I'm In Love


As I typed the title I'm in love all I could think about was that scene in Elf where Buddy comes in to his Dad's office and says I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it.  

Seriously though.  I am in love.  I love my new yearly subscription to Harris Teeter.  You pay $99 for a yearly membership and you can do their Express Lane pickup.  I know that some of you live in areas where Walmart is doing this for free and lucky for you.  Unfortunately that has not made it here to NC yet. 

At first I thought $99 a year sounded a bit much but then I did the math.  I buy groceries every week.  That is $1.90 per week extra.  Let's be honest though.  How many of us are impulse shoppers and add at least a few things to our cart that were not on our list?  That's what I thought.  I mean one package of Oreo's is more than $1.90.  

I begin thinking about my meal plan for the following week on Monday/Tuesday.  By Wednesday I have figured out what I want to make the next week for dinner.  I make my grocery list on Wednesday and then check at home to see if anything on my list is already in my pantry.  Then I login on Harris Teeter and begin shopping.  I have been picking up my groceries on a Friday afternoon but you can chose when you want to do your pickup.  You select a 30 minute window.  

Many of you remember that I was doing my grocery shopping at Target.  I loved shopping at Target but for this stage of life, the convenience of pulling through at Harris Teeter and then having them load the groceries in my car without me having to get out is WONDERFUL.  If you are looking for a great gift for a new Mom or a Mom with little kids this is it.  I am pretty sure that most moms would love this for a Mother's Day gift as well.  

 

Comments

Popular Posts