Life Lately


Hey friends!  It has been months since I made a post.  I hit a point where it wasn't fun anymore and I knew that was the end for me.  This season of life has made me want to write a little more.  I also am doing my best to capture memories that I know are once in a lifetime.  

These last few weeks have been some of the weirdest of my life and I know that is true for the majority of you as well.  This  indefinite time at home is so different than what normal life looks like for us.  I'm doing my best to take it one day at a time.  The part that I'm incredibly thankful for is all of the extra time with my sweet boys.  Greg and I both work full time outside of the home and for us time with Carson is limited to nights and weekends.  These past few weeks with him at home with me are treasured times that I want to remember forever.  That is why I'm here writing today.  I want to be able to look back and remember these precious memories with my best little buddy.  

I feel like we are in the sweet spot with Carson.  4 year olds are fun.  They are independent but still want Mommy cuddles.  We still have an entire year before kindergarten but he is learning so much every day.  

Here is a little sneak into our last few weeks.

We have tested out our new smoker.  We have smoked a pork shoulder and chicken so far.  We know it will get a lot of use this summer.  


We have been enjoying church online and are so thankful that we are able to do that.  

We miss our friends at daycare but are thankful for a church that is doing preschool online and letting us join in on the fun.

We love our new Easter Cow from Pepa and Mimi.  Early Easter package deliveries make us smile.  

We are liking the experiments we have found online at KiwiCo.  

Someone has discovered PhotoBooth on the iPad and has taken over 200 pictures like this and most of them include Easter Cow.  

We love exploring our new neighborhood on our walks.  This weather has been gorgeous.  


We even let Daddy cut our hair.  He did great, but we miss Ms. Marlie.  


We are mesmerized by movies.  We watched Onward last week and someone watched The Sandlot for the first time.  I think he liked it.

We are enjoying this change of pace but we miss our friends so much.  We are thankful for our home, our jobs, and each other.  We do know that for so many of you that is not your story right now.  We are praying for you. We love you and we are here if you need us.  

Comments

  1. Love the photos of your precious family! How sweet! Looks like you all are finding great ways to make the most of this strange time. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em! It's so good to see a new post from you! I'm glad you're all hanging in there. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts