Thanksgiving Break Part 2: Northwest Arkansas


Happy Thursday friends!  I hope you have had a great week so far.  It has been busy for us this week and we are all ready for our weekend.  Today, I'm recapping our second half of our Thanksgiving Break trip.  I shared our first half on Tuesday.  If you missed our all about Memphis post, you can read it here.  

When we left Memphis on Monday, we headed to my parents in Northwest Arkansas.  Carson wasn't thrilled about getting back in the car but once he had his goldfish he was fine.  He slept for about 3 hours of the 5 of Monday.  Win win.  
He also was excited when we stopped for lunch at Marketplace Grill and ended lunch with a Chocolate Mess.  
I was so proud of how well he traveled.  He was a champ the entire time.

We made it to NWA right before rush hour and enjoyed a relaxing night at my parents.  

My nephew came over on Tuesday and he helped us go get groceries for the week.
The boys played most of the day and then we went to Build-A-Bear that evening.  Carson and Titus were both having birthdays in November so we did the pay your age birthday bear.  

Carson's bear is named Buddy and Titus' bear is named Ben.  They both have Arkansas Razorback shirts on.

We had to make a stop at Sam's on the way back to my house and then the boys had baths so they were all clean for their matching pj's.  

Wednesday we played around the house in the morning before heading out for lunch and off for an afternoon at the Amazeum






 Yes, there is a little Wal-Mart grocery section in the children's museum for you to shop and checkout.  I would have loved this as a kid.  

We may have had to make a Sonic stop after the museum.

We came home and had a birthday dinner for the boys.  My cousin made them their birthday shirts.  They are so precious.



I love those sweet birthday boys.  

Well, a few hours later both my Mom and I came down with the stomach bug.  We were so sick and our Thanksgiving meal was peanut butter toast.  Everyone else enjoyed their food.  I felt so bad that I couldn't enjoy the day with everyone and enjoy Carson's actual birthday.  Oh well.  Life happens.  

We had a great trip and loved spending our Thanksgiving with my family.

Comments

Popular Posts