The Call to Go

For starters, I realized today that I have not posted a blog in forever! Shame on me. So much has happened since my last blog and I for one am quite excited about all of the changes that are currently happening in my life. For anyone that knows me, they know that I am someone who very much likes to have control over my life and I can see with absolute certainty that for the past month there have been numerous times when that control has quickly vanished. I think a part of me really believed that losing control of my life in many different areas would be one of the worst things to happen. Then it hit me that I have not had control over my life in a really long time. In fact, I gave up that control about 16 years ago. Apparently, I have just believed that a part of me still had that control.

It was this thought a few weeks ago, that led me to think more about my trip to Cape Town this summer. I keep thinking that I have to make sure that everything is perfect. I so desperately have this desire to make lists and to make sure that everyone on my team has everything taken care of, when in reality all I need to be worrying about is the fact that I have been called to go. The Lord is telling me that He has everything taken care of and that all that I need to do is to simply obey and trust that His plan is far greater than mine. I mean it is kind of crazy for me to think that my 23 years of life experience compare to what He has been doing from the very beginning.

Yesterday, I found myself looking back at pictures from my first mission trip to Nicaragua. I remember how absolutely terrified I was and really unsure of what would happen. Thankfully, I was able to share the experience with my dad and my brother. I am so excited to see what the Lord does with our team in Cape Town, in the mean time I will share some pictures of my trip to Nicaragua. Sadly, the best ones are all of Wes.

Henry


Alan


Roniel and I

Franklyn

Wes under attack!



Comments

Popular Posts