Oh Pasta, I Love You!

Tomorrow is Greg's birthday and in honor of that I told him I would make him whatever he wanted tonight for dinner.  He asked for Cheese Filled Jumbo Shells.  They were delicious and I thought I'd share the recipe with all of you along with some easy ways you can include some Pampered Chef products to help make the job easier for you.

Cheese Filled Jumbo Shells
1 package (12 oz) uncooked jumbo shells, 4 cups ricotta cheese, 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, 3/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, and 3 cups of spaghetti sauce (we use Prego Roasted Garlic & Herb)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook pasta according to package directions.  For us, that was the San Giorgio shells and that meant boiling for 10 minutes uncovered and stirring occasionally.  Then let them cool on some wax paper before adding in the filling.  Combine cheese, eggs, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper.  In 13x9x2-inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of sauce.  Fill each cooked shell with about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture.  Layer one-half filled shells in prepared baking dish; spread one-half remaining sauce over shells.  Layer remaining filled shells over sauce; spread remaining sauce over shells.  Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese; if desired.  Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  This makes 8-10 servings.

Pampered Chef Tricks
First and foremost I hate using already grated cheese in the bag.  I love nothing more than to shred my own cheeses.  For the mozzarella you can use the Pampered Chef Adjustable Coarse Grater.  For the Parmesan cheese you can easily use either the Rotary Grater or the Microplane Fine Grater.   I also love using my Measure-All Cup to measure my ricotta cheese.  I use it from the solid side, so that it comes out easily.

To mix the filling, I put all of the cheeses, eggs, and spices into the Classic Batter Bowl.  I also used my new Tangerine Tango Classic Scraper to mix it all.  Any of the scrapers would work, I'm just partial to bright colors.

Now, for probably the best tip of all.  There is nothing worse than making a mess when attempting to fill any type of shell.  I put a gallon ziploc bag in the bowl of the Manual Food Processor to fill it with the cheese mixture.  Then I used my Professional Shears to cut a small hole in the bottom corner and then I filled away.

I hope you love this recipe as much as we did!

Comments

Popular Posts