More Beautiful You

It was just about this time last summer when I came across the song "More Beautiful You" by Jonny Diaz. I had just happened to see what the free mp3 downloads on amazon were for the day and this song was it. I downloaded it and thought I will listen to this later. The next day I received an e-mail from Tangle about a new music video for Moms and Daughters so I watched it and to my amazement it was the music video for "More Beautiful You." I sat at my desk in tears thinking about the truth in this song and how this generation of girls and women are being told lies about their image and a lack in their value.

From the beginning this song has been a reminder for me. Nearly 7 years ago the Lord called me into full-time ministry and specifically in girl's and women's ministry. For me, this song only reinforces the idea that girls and women in our country today need encouragement and truth spoken to them on a daily basis.

A few weeks ago, Jonny tweeted about the upcoming release of the book More Beautiful You. To my knowledge it is something that his mother wrote. I encourage each of you to one check out his song (or his whole CD for that matter) and to look into getting this book when it comes out.

Comments

Popular Posts