He's Our Defender, Our Deliverer

A few weeks ago I was at Prestonwood Baptist Church and I forgot just how much I missed that church. I had spent all of last summer there as an intern in the Women's Ministry. I was so blessed to be able to worship along with so many brothers and sisters in Christ. The whole morning was focused on God as our King and our Deliverer. What a powerful message and I'm so thankful to be reminded of that very message.

In the midst of a changing time in my life and in the lives of my friends, there really isn't a better message for each of us. We are all going separate ways and we are all experiencing various emotions of insecurity, doubt, and many other obstacles. I sat there that morning listening to the song during the offering and thinking about how my fears seem so trivial and yet the Lord, my Refuge is just waiting for me to call upon His name. I began to think of things that I know about the Lord. He is my Refuge, my Defender, my King, my Father, my Protector, my Shelter, my Friend, my Shepherd, my Deliverer, and my Savior! I know that the list goes on, but I hope that today you can sit down and think of what the Lord is in your life!

You can watch the choir at Prestonwood sing this beautiful song at this link. I believe the song is about the 23 minute mark. The words are below too.
Defender (Call Upon the Name)
Words and Music by: Travis Doucette

Verse 1:
He is near to the broken
Close to the weary of heart
In His name is a refuge
A safety for the weak and discarded

Pre-Chorus:
There is help for the hopeless
For the wounded in need
In the presence of Jesus
There is power unleashed

Chorus:
Call upon the name of the Lord
He's our defender, our deliverer
A shelter in the midst of the storm
Jesus, our Savior
He is King over all

Verse 2:
I will sing of my Redeemer
Testify to the touch of His hand
Lifted me from disaster
Set my feet on a solid rock to stand

Bridge:
God is our refuge, our strength and salvation
A mighty fortress is the Lord Almighty!
There is no equal, no power beside Him
Forever our champion is the Lord our God!

Copyright 2010 Music You Can't Turn Down (ASCAP)
All Rights Reserved. Used with Permission.

Comments

Popular Posts