Not My Plan, But His

I've learned this past week that the plans that I have can so easily be changed. I have been in Wake Forest for just about six days and it took less than that to see my plans go out the window. My parents and I arrived in Wake Forest late Saturday afternoon and were very quickly introduced to my new roommate, Kayla, and her parents. I had been nervous all week about meeting her and those feelings were so quickly removed. I left that night with a new sense of excitement about my move to Wake.

Sunday came and I was able to go out and get furniture for my apartment and things began falling in place. That night we went out with Kayla and her family and once again I felt that the Lord had been in this from the very beginning. I told her bye as she was going back home for a few weeks before school started. Little did I know that the next day was about to change my entire plan and anyone that knows me well would know that I like my plan.

Once again Monday was spent looking for furniture, getting cleaning stuff, and everything else you do when you move. We had schedule my bed to be delivered that afternoon around 4:30, but little did I know that I would not be there to see my bed delivered. About 3:30 that afternoon as I was unpacking I somehow managed to get my foot caught under some of my bags and as I was trying to get it out I turned my knee without my foot turning. I heard a few pops and fell to the floor. My Mom stopped and asked what had happened and I honestly did not know. I just knew I couldn't move and my leg was throbbing. We ended up going to the ER in North Raleigh and after a few x-rays, one of the best hospital staff's I've ever met, and about two hours I left with a broken knee. The doctor told me that basically when my knee turned, the pressure and stress placed on the knee caused a sliver of the kneecap to break off.

I'm still amazed at the turn of events this week, but I can say with absolute certainty that my God is faithful. Yes, I moved out here about 4 weeks early to begin a job search in an awful economy but I know that the Lord has a plan and although I may not know what it is He does and that is all that matters. I've been so blessed by how helpful everyone has been. I especially want to say thank you to my sweet friend, Emily, who I knew while I was at Prestonwood and who now works at Southeastern. I also wanted to thank the Housing Office at Southeastern for answering questions and trying to make everything as easy as possible for me. I know that the Lord worked through them months ago to allow me to have a first floor apartment as well as be next door neighbors with my good friends Adam and Kimber.

I'm so excited to continue to watch the Lord do wonderful things through all of this and am anxious to learn more about the injury at the doctor on Tuesday. Please be in prayer on Tuesday as I find out what if anything needs to happen next. I have seen a difference in the level of swelling today. Hallelujah!

Comments

Popular Posts