Finding New Purpose In The Call

Over the last few weeks, I’ve thought for countless hours about what it means for me to be here in Wake Forest. I have known for over six years that the Lord is leading me into full-time Women’s and Girl’s Ministry. I can say with absolute certainty that I have not at one time questioned that call, there have been plenty of times when I asked the Lord to show me what exactly He meant by full-time ministry. Of course, He chose not to reveal His entire plan for my life to me and that’s okay. These past six years I have had plenty of opportunities to attempt to define this call on my life. I think it is safe to say that my definition of ministry for me overall has not become clearer, what has become clearer over these last six years is how to practically live out that calling. The local church is where I believe the Lord is leading me. I love and believe in the power of the local church and I’m so excited to continue to pursue the calling Christ has on my life with and through the local church.

One of my friends, Amy Pierson, recently wrote a book called Table for Two: Doing Life and Savoring Scripture Together and it is so good! This book is meant to be a framework for discipleship and mentoring among women and girls, but I believe that those two things are essential to a healthy local church. Amy talks about how women have this sense for connection and a sense to actively and purposefully engage in a relationship with Christ. Women want to be able to dive into Scripture on their own and find truth in the Word. What a beautiful picture that is for everyone within the local church.

Today as I was being fitted for my new knee brace, I was able to talk to a lady about this very idea. She goes to a Presbyterian church in the Raleigh area and we were talking about community and what that looks like in her church. I think she worded it beautifully. Thank you Gracin! She talked about how most of us grow up with this idea that church is a chore, something that we have to go to on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and maybe Wednesday night. Instead, we should think of the church, our church, as our family. Church should be an expression of who you are with your family and actively engaging in the people around you and being a part of their life and doing life with them. I hope and pray that being a part of the local church will never become like a chore to me. I am so thankful that the Lord speaks of the church as His bride and that as believers we are a part of the family of Christ.

I love the idea that I don’t really know exactly where the Lord will lead me in the next 20 years, but I’m so thankful that He chose me and wants to use me. I look forward to these next few years in North Carolina as I learn, as I study, as I make friends, as I get involved in a local church, and as I continue to live a life worthy of the high calling of Christ.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you are learning and getting involved. Praying for you always! Miss you much friendo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts