Life as a Student in Wake

I finally started classes! I told my Mom today how excited I was about this fact. I love being a student and would have no problem staying in school for many years to come. I am taking Church History with Dr. McKinion, Foundations of Student Ministry with Doc Reid, and Christian Missions with Dr. Robinson. I think my brother laughed at me when I called him the day I enrolled because I was so excited about my textbooks. I'm excited to get into the semester and to continue to learn about living in a way that constantly demonstrates the Gospel.

It has been a crazy few days, but they have been so good! I have tried so hard to enjoy each day and try to learn one new thing about life in Wake. Here are a few things about Wake for all of my friends in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee.
  • People in Wake and North Carolina love their personalized license plates. It seems so rare to find one with just random letters and numbers.
  • People are so friendly, this is such an understatement. It is so easy to get lost in conversation with the carhop at Sonic. However, people love to honk at people while they are driving. We all have our flaws.
  • The weather always has at least a 20% of rain everyday! I guess that comes with the territory of being 2 hours from the coast.
  • You can't buy Blue Bell Ice Cream in North Carolina. Adam, Kimber, Kayla, and I went on a wild goose chase to try and disprove this fact.
  • Red lights are extremely long, there is one light in particular that actually lasts for 4 minutes and 30 seconds. My physical therapist told me this!
I apologize for not posting in a while. I will try and post more regularly.


Comments

Popular Posts