Who Knew Home Comes With Peach Cobbler

All joking aside, my realization that I'm quickly falling in love with my new home came after eating peach cobbler. In a few of my recent blog posts I've mentioned my new friends at The Creek. I can't even begin to express the love that I've come to have for this church. They are my family and they are my home here in North Carolina. I would not trade them for anything. They are precious, funny, hospitable, caring, and they LOVE Jesus.

Last night, I had the privilege of joining a few of them at the Tilley's house for Bible Study. Three hours later I left with the biggest smile on my face, because I had the blessing of worshiping, studying Scripture, eating cobbler, praying with, and just spending time with some wonderful people. In our time of studying Scripture together, we reviewed what we had discussed in class on Sunday. Yes, this is my shameless plug for the Young Pro's class at The Creek taught by Doc Reid. We've been going through the book of 2 Corinthians Sunday we talked about two passages. The first being chapter 3 verses 1-6 and then chapter 5 verses 1-9. The overarching question of the day was simply "what defines you?"

Chapter 3 talks about this idea of letters of recommendation and what that means. In our society today we deal with the same thing. Most of my friends are in their young 20's and are constantly working and tweaking their resume. In this passage we read about letters of recommendation and yes 9 times out of 10, a letter of recommendation is worth far more than our resume. Why? Because it is not always about your degree, your work experience, or what activities/awards you have to show, but it is about what someone is going to say about you. How important is that? In terms of our relationship with Jesus Christ, what would someone say about me or you? I pray that I live my life in such a way that those who around me think two things. I hope they see my love for Jesus and that I live according to the Gospel.

There were a few verses that we pointed out as encouragements for living a life that radiates Christ.

Acts 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus.
What a testimony to think that people can take one look at you and know that you have Jesus in you and that you have indeed been in His presence.

2 Corinthians 2:14-15 But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

I pray this week that you take a minute to think about what it means to walk with Christ and to live so that others see Him in you.

Comments

Popular Posts