20 Years Ago

Tomorrow is September 17, 2010! I really like that day because on that day 20 years ago, I met my best friend for the very first time. That's right, my little brother was born that day. To be completely honest, for most of our lives we were not very close. I'm so thankful that we have changed that now. I remember the day that I moved to Shawnee to start my time at OBU, Wes told me it was one of the greatest days of his life. I'm so glad to know now that he was only half-way joking. I have no doubt in my mind that me moving out of the house was the beginning of the shift in our relationship. Wesley over the last four years has probably been one of the most influential people on my life, if not the most influential person on my life. My brother challenges me to think differently and to act differently in a way that is not easy for me. Wesley can relate to a 3 year old or a 75 year old with the same ease in which he relates to someone his own age. He has a heart for people and for missions. He loves to worship the Lord through music and often will tell me about what he is learning in his quiet time. I'm thankful for the times he calls me or texts me just to tell me he loves me and is praying for me. To my little brother (maybe younger brother is a more appropriate saying) I love you and am so blessed to be able to call you my brother! I hope this weekend as you celebrate your birthday you know how special you are to everyone you come into contact with!




Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Wes! My sister is one of my best friends and she was born on September 17th also! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts