Walking is Weird

So, I'm now officially weight bearing on my right leg/knee. I am so happy, my roommate told me she knew I had a good doctor's appointment because I was smiling and my doctor even commented on how much I was smiling. Let me explain the excessive smiling for a quick second, I was terrified about this appointment yesterday. I went into it thinking I had at least 5 more weeks of crutches and that the doctor was going to tell me that I had to stay non-weight bearing for a little while longer. At best, I was hoping for a few weeks of partial weight bearing. Neither one of those scenarios came true. Hallelujah. The doctor told me that I could go to full weight bearing immediately, he did advise that I do some partial for a day or so just to ease into full weight bearing since I have not put weight on my right leg since July 19th! All of that to say is that I could be walking without crutches in as little as two weeks. I am so happy.

The funny thing now is watching me attempt to walk again. My Mom told me on the phone that she thinks I will look like a 1 year old who is trying to walk for the first time. It is definitely a process because for roughly 7 and 1/2 weeks I've been hopping, crutching, using just one leg to get everywhere. I just want to get up and walk, but I also have to remember that my knee is not completely healed so I do have to be careful. Aka, I won't be running a marathon anytime soon. I doubt I ever will, not because I can't but because I despise running. Thank you all so much for your prayers. I have felt them more than I can even begin to express!

Comments

Popular Posts