Summer, Boys, and Flowers

It has been an interesting summer to say the least. For most of the summer Greg has been gone. It has made for an interesting relationship. I think we are both very thankful for Skype, cell phones, and just technology in general. I can say that I don't think either one of us had any idea what this would be like. Thankfully they have only been gone for the most part a week at a time and then home on the weekends. However, last week they left for a camp in Missouri and will be gone for about 2 1/2 weeks. I of course leave for Cape Town before they get back. It has been really cool to listen each night as Greg tells me about what they are doing at the camps. I love hearing about how he is meeting students and sharing with them. His love for students, music, and ministry is so incredibly evident. I love listening to him tell me stories when he is back in North Carolina because his face lights up.

This summer has been so thought provoking for me. I've contemplated a lot about what my future holds and what I want my ministry to look like here and now. I recently started a new job and although there are a few believers in our office it is predominantly an office full of unbelievers. I have to admit that I love it. I love that my ministry is not confined to a church building or a class at Southeastern, but rather it is in the workplace. I love that through simple conversations I can share about the greatest love I've ever known simply by talking to people and trying to keep a smile on my face even when everything inside of me is fighting against that.
I hope all of you continue to have a wonderful summer!


Greg and I at the beach before he began traveling for the summer.




The beautiful flowers that Greg sent today! That boy knows how much I love lilies!

Comments

Popular Posts