Wes Turns 25

I have no memory of what I was doing 25 years ago today, but I do know that my life changed that day.  I was no longer an only child, I was a big sister.  25 years ago today, we got to meet Wesley Thomas.  

I love my brother.  There were many days growing up that I did not like him, but I always loved him.  Yes my brother once paid me $20 to not touch him and I told him thank you by keeping the $20 and giving him a hug.  He will tell you that the 2nd happiest day of his life was when someone looked at me and said, "Are you Wesley's sister?"  For so long he was known as Emily's brother.  

Here are some things you should know about Wes.

He is loyal.  He is caring.  He loves music and is extremely talented.  If you tell him something is a secret, it will go to the grave with him.  He works hard.  He thinks in ways that makes most of our brains hurt.  He and I are as different as night and day and yet we are very similar in some areas.  

My parents always told us that we are both great with people.  We are comfortable having a conversation with a 3 year old and just as comfortable having a conversation with a 93 year old.  Wes has the ability to create and imagine in ways that are foreign to me.  Wes was the kid that would take his brand new toys apart just to see how they worked and then would "try" to put them back together.  

Today, I am very proud to be a "big" sister to a big 6'3" brother.  

Happy Birthday Wes!








Comments

Popular Posts