Almost August

I can't believe that August starts this weekend! Summer is coming to a close and Fall is coming.  I am ready for fall.   Fall is hands down my favorite season.  There is no comparison and no you will not be able to convince me of another season.  Do not even bother trying. 

I've started working on my goals for August.  Here goes...

One: Finish Carson's Nursery
We are almost there.  We have a few more things to do in his room but this is definitely an attainable goal. 

I'm so happy with how his Snoopy and Woodstock theme nursery is coming along.  It is perfect.  
 
Two: Fall Decorations
My plan is to actually decorate our house for Fall the last weekend of August.  I typically do not decorate until late September but I know that our Christmas decorations are going up earlier this year than normal because of Carson's arrival so I want to enjoy my Fall decorations.  I don't want to take all of the time to decorate and it not be up very long.   I'm sure there will be a few Michaels stops in my future or maybe online Kirklands and Hobby Lobby.  

Three: Redo Mulch Beds
Last fall, we planted grass seed.  We have been disappointed all summer thinking that our grass really has not spread much.  It has spread some and that has been right in our mulch beds.  Awesome.  We want to get the mulch beds looking decent again in the upcoming weekends.  Let's pray it is not 100 degrees outside.  Our grass has spread more than we thought it had.  Greg showed me pictures of our yard when we bought the house and it is crazy how much the grass seed took.  It's a work in process and most definitely a labor of love.  

Four: Read Two Baby Books
I have read some books on pregnancy but I want to slowly start reading books that will help once Carson arrives.  Any suggestions?  

I know there are many other things that I would like to accomplish in August but I know I need to limit myself so this is my start.  We will see how August goes.  It is almost pumpkin time people.  That also means candy corn will make multiple appearances in my house.  Yay!






Comments

Popular Posts