Sausage Quiche


I love a good breakfast casserole.  Yum.  This one is one of my all time favorites.  My Mom found it in one of the cookbooks she has and we have all made it many times.  It's called a quiche but there is not a pie crust in this recipe so feel free to call it something else if you so desire.  The cookbook said quiche so we are rolling with it.

Ingredients
1 lb. sausage (I use Neese's Hot Country Sausage, I've used Jimmy Dean too)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 eggs
1 cup Bisquick
2 cups milk
2 tbsp. finely chopped onions (I've used the dried minced onion too)
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  Brown your sausage and drain off the fat.  Layer your cooked sausage in a greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle your cheese over your sausage.  Stir together your eggs, Bisquick, milk, onions, salt and pepper.  Pour this mixture over your sausage and cheese.  Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.  

Grab a cup of coffee, turn on some Bugs Bunny for the kids and enjoy.  

Comments

Popular Posts