New Year, New Goals

2016 is here!  I can't believe it.  I am anxious to see what this year holds.  Greg and I will celebrate 4 years of marriage, we will have lived in our house for 2 years, our little guy will turn 1 in 2016, and who knows what else.

One of my favorite things about the new year is to set some goals for the year.  I choose to call them goals instead of resolutions.  Goals tend to motivate me more to create a plan.  

Here goes with my goals for the year.  I will more than likely create goals for myself each month as well to help keep me on track, but here are my overall goals for the year.  

One: Make Family Time a Priority
Greg and I have talked about this for a while.  We want to be as intentional with our family time as possible.  We have learned in just the last several weeks how quickly time goes.  We blinked and our newborn changes every single day.  I plan to put my phone down more in the evening after work and just enjoy time with my two guys.

Two: Document Life 
My memory is terrible and scrapbooking is not my thing.  I tried, believe me I tried.  I have loved the blogging world and want to use it more effectively to remember each day.  I plan to blog more consistently this year.  I want to have a way to look back at everyday life.  I have already wrote out some blogging goals in my planner.  

Three: Stay Organized and Plan
I am a sucker for a good planner and notepads to make lists and plans.  I ordered some cute notepads on Shutterfly that have my name on them.  I also have my wonderful Erin Condren Life Planner.  It is a big planner but I LOVE it.  I plan to keep my blogging calendar, menu calendar, and anything else I think of in it.  I tend to meal plan on Thursdays, make up my list on Friday and grocery shop first thing on Saturday morning.  I have grown to love getting up and hitting Target first thing on my Saturday morning.  It's not too busy and it gives Greg some fun one on one time with Carson in the morning.  It is a win win.  


Four: Keep My Mind Fresh
This is probably the one I'm looking forward to most.  I think reading is so important to overall health.  I want to make sure that I continue to read and study.  I want to continue to study the Word and be a student of God's Word.  I also want to read at least one book a month.  

I know I will think of other things over the year that I would like to do but for now these are the things I'm going to focus on.  Wishing you a wonderful 2016.  

Comments

Popular Posts