Favorite Things Party


Happy Wednesday friends!  I hope you are having a great week so far.  Monday was rough, it was just a Monday and I was ready to see Tuesday.  

I did however end my Monday with a bunch of friends at a Favorite Things Party.  I think it was a great way to end my Monday.  

At about 5:30 on Monday as I was making dinner, I got a text from my friend Jaime making sure I was going to the party.  Apparently it had been a Monday for a lot of us.  I responded back saying yes and sent her a picture of this.
Sometimes the only way to end a Monday well is homemade biscuits and gravy and yes it was so tasty!

We both ended up going to the party and we are both so glad we did.  We had a lot of fun.

If you have never been to a Favorite Things Party, here is a little description.  We were told to think of something that is our favorite thing.  It could be food, ornament, beauty product or something else that was between $5 and $7.  We were to buy 5 of them and wrap them up individually and bring them to the party.  At the party everyone is assigned a number.  We each drew 5 pieces of paper out of a cookie jar that had numbers on them and that was the gifts we took home.  We were not supposed to get our own number.  We came with 5 items and left with 5.  Win win.  We also all went around and told what we brought and why it was our favorite.

I have a 2 year old and Sunday and Monday there was a super moon which made him crazy.  My favorite thing to deal with crazy two year olds is chocolate.  My favorite way to eat chocolate at Christmas time is fudge so I brought fudge kits for everyone.
My friend Jaime brought hot tea and chocolate.  
We had some flowers brought, some scarves, some eye primer and lots of chocolate.  
I came home with all of that.  My first bag had Mrs. Meyers hand soap and a Mrs. Meyers candle, my second bag had that selection of chocolates in the middle, my third bag had the Be Strong and Courageous sign, my fourth bag had a extra battery charger for my phone, and my last bag was a Holiday Survival Kit which included a face mask, a $5 gift card for a local coffee place & bistro and a scratch off ticket because we all spend so much at Christmas.  I didn't win in but there were a few winners from the scratch off ticket.  Hooray for five extra dollars.  

I look forward to this party each year.  It is such a fun way to spend time together with friends during the Holidays.  Thanks Christy for another fun party!  

Comments

Popular Posts