Weekend Recap


Happy Monday friends!  I don't know about you but I'm proud that we have had our elf out for over a week and we have remembered to move it every day.  That is a win in my book.

Friday night we had planned to go to the tree lighting but when I went to pick up the buddy from daycare they said he had an off day and was just feeling a little bad.  We decided to not stand out in the cold for a few hours.  We decided to go have dinner at Chili's and then party at Target.  I don't know about you but I was so disappointed in the crispers at Chili's.  They are not at all like they used to be.  Boo.   We had fun at Target.  We picked out our gifts for our Angel Tree.

Saturday morning we decided it was a good day for Panera.  

I mean we had a free breakfast sandwich on our app so why not.  After breakfast we headed back home where I could finish my items for a baby shower I was going to that afternoon.  Carson helped Daddy finish the ramp outside for the shed.  It looks great and yes I forgot to take a pic.  Oops.
I spent the afternoon at a baby shower for my friend Amber.  We had a winter theme.  It was a lot of fun.  We couldn't say baby, we played bingo and we played Baby Shower Pictionary using emojis.  It was a lot of fun.  You can find the one we did here on Pinterest.  There are a lot of them. 

I was so tired when I got home so Saturday night was grilled cheese and tomato soup while we watched the Auburn & Georgia game.  
We ended our night by reading out of our Advent book.  We are loving this one by Ann Voskamp.  

Sunday morning we were up early for church.  
It is not okay that my baby is big enough to wear his own backpack into church.  Slow down!
I loved hearing the preschoolers sing in church!  They crack me up.  

We were greeted by some animals on the way out.  So fun.  Someone was done by this point and nap time could not have come soon enough.




Greg worked on the Christmas lights during the afternoon and someone wanted to help.  He then greeted the mailman and proceeded to pop all of the package filling.  I baked some cookies and then tried a new dinner recipe.  I forgot to take pictures of it though.  I put a can of apple pie filling in the bottom of a pyrex dish and then added 6 boneless pork chops, and topped it with a box of Stove Top.  It was delicious.  
We ended our night with cookies, Christmas lights and watching The Santa Clause.  Not a bad way to end the weekend.  
Meanwhile, I probably should go rescue Clyde.  

Comments

Popular Posts