Am I Doing This Right?


These past few months have been some of the most interesting months of my life.

I have never had to think so much about every decision I make.  Greg and I are different in a lot of areas but we are also similar in a lot of areas.  We both are the oldest child in our family and it is funny to me how that has played out so far in raising Carson.  I am a planner.  I make lists and I use my planner all of the time.  I am not a free spirited person, I am not a spontaneous person.  I think through decisions for a long time and question myself often.  

While I was pregnant, we received more advice than I ever thought possible.  I thought I heard a lot of advice when Greg and I were getting married but boy was I wrong.  It was amazing to me how many people wanted to give us advice and we received advice from people we barely knew.  I remember there was one time that I was a little overwhelmed with all of the advice we had been given.  I was getting frustrated that we were getting conflicting advice from people.  I remember that I hit this point of being overwhelmed.  I had read way too many articles and began doubting myself.  In that moment the Lord clearly made it known to me that he had created Carson and he had specifically chose Greg and myself to be his parents.  He would equip us to take care of Carson and to raise him how he needed to be raised.  

Do I still have moments where I question what I'm doing?  Yes.  I know some people may think we are doing it wrong.  That is okay.  I know that I'm doing the best I know how to do and so far Carson is the biggest blessing.  He is learning, growing and changing every day.  I'm just thankful that I have the honor of being along for the ride.  Thank you Jesus for allowing me to be a Mommy to the little buddy. 

Comments

Popular Posts