Friday Favorites

There are weeks that feel like Friday was never going to come.  Thankfully this was not one of those weeks.  However, I am happy that is Friday and ready for Friday Favorites with Andrea, Erika and Narci.  I'm also sharing some cleaning and organizing tips today on Friday Favorites for Show Us Your Life over on Kelly's Korner

{ONE}
This goes without saying but my Erin Condren LifePlanner is probably a favorite every week.  I use it all of the time.  I know they are a little pricey, but they are worth every penny for me.  I am already giddy thinking about ordering my next one.  If you don't have one and would like to get one, check out my referral code here.  I promise you will love it.  

{TWO}
Greg and I have been asked several times in the last few weeks what our one must have baby product has been.  We both have several items that we really love but I think both of us were so surprised how much we loved our Boppy Lounger.  It was one of the best things we were given.  I was sad when Carson was in it the other day and he looked as if he has got too big for it.  I think we still have some time left in it, but probably not much.  If you don't have it and you have a little one, I highly recommend it.  Carson looks so little in that picture.  Slow down time.

{THREE}
It is Show Us Your Life day over on Kelly's Korner Blog today and today is all about our favorite cleaning and organizing tips. 
 
For cleaning with little ones, we have loved using the Dreft Stain Remover.  It is the best for all of that dirty baby laundry.   I just ordered a few more bottles.  Trust me, you will use it.  

My biggest tip with organizing is to LABEL everything.  I don't mean just write Christmas on your storage bin and put it in the attic.  That does not work.  If the box is Christmas lights and ornaments, that is what your label should say.  If you are like me you have at least 10 storage bins of Christmas stuff.  Just writing Christmas on the box is not sufficient.  

I also use a lot of folders in my organization.  I have folders for all of our bills.  I have a paid folder, a to be paid folder, folders for each company that each receipt eventually gets moved to and so on.  For me it works and when I have to go back to find things during tax season or if something comes up, I know exactly where to look.  I also have folders for each one of us in the house.  Carson's folder has some of his ultrasound pictures, some of his cards from our baby showers.  Greg's folder has letters that I wrote to him or various things that are important to him.  It has been a fun way for us to keep things that are special to us.  It is fun for us to read our letters to each other from when we were dating.  
 
Here are two ideas that I think will help you on your organizing journey.  
 
One: Give everything a home.  Everything in your home should have a specific place.  If you put your extra batteries in different places every time, you probably will have no clue where to find them.  That is a big problem when your power is out and your flashlight has no batteries.  
Two: Spend 10-15 minutes a day organizing.  You don't have to take your entire weekend to organize your house.  If you simply take a few minutes a day, you will be amazed how organized your house will stay.  

Have a great weekend everyone! 






Comments

Popular Posts