Football, Food, and more Food

Everyone knows that most people attend Super Bowl parties for two reasons and football is not one of them.  Everyone wants the food and the commercials.  In our house, we actually like the football part of the Super Bowl Party but that’s probably not the case for most people.  

We are hosting our Middle School Small Group this year for our party and we told them to bring a drink and a snack.  We had to tell them a few times that the snacks they bring will be dinner, so to make sure they bring something that would be a good dinner snack.  

I do enjoy watching the game, but there is nothing quite like good football snacks.  I mean, I even break out the Razorback Jell-O Jigglers during my fall football Saturday’s.  I’ve been trying to think of what snacks I wanted for the big game on Sunday.  I’m open to some suggestions.

Here’s what I’m thinking so far…
Andrea’s Pulled Pork.  I found this recipe from my favorite blog right now, the Mix and Match Mama.  Seriously, I’m loving both of her blogs.  One is her family blog and the other is dedicated to all things food.  She lives in Texas, so you know her food is delish!  I think we will shred the meat up and serve it with some BBQ sauce and some Hawaiian rolls.  Yummy!

Anyone who knows Greg and I know that we both love CHEESE.  It’s an addiction in our house.  That is one thing that would be extremely hard for us to cut out of our diet.  We could try, but it would end badly.  I found a recipe for a Loaded Baked Potato Dip.  It’s two of my favorite things in one, baked potato and cheese.  It’s basically a giant cheese ball that tastes like a baked potato.  I think we might have to give it a try and of course serve it with some Town House crackers.  

For my final recipe, I think I have to do something sweet.  This is where I’m stuck.  I love all things sweet and yes I crave sweets.  It is definitely a girl thing.  Greg never has a craving for sweets.  It makes my heart sad and jealous at the same time.  Silly boys.  I found a few options, but I’m not sold on any of them.  What are your favorite football sweet treats?  

You are probably thinking that I don’t need to make three things for the game if our students are bringing snacks too, but I do.  It’s in my blood, I love hosting and I love making fun treats.  Three is good for me.  Greg is probably thinking I’ll do about 8 things like I did for Thanksgiving.  Three is keeping it “simple” if you can call it that.  

Comments

Popular Posts