Valentine's Dessert

Greg and I have for the last couple of years celebrated Valentine's Day at Home.  We do this primarily because we typically go out for dinner on my birthday which is in early February, so we like to celebrate Valentine's Day at home.

I've been trying to think of some yummy dessert to make.  This is one that I'm thinking.  I might bake the cake in a square pan and a circle instead of the two circle pans to make a heart shape cake.

Strawberry Cake

1 white cake mix, 4 eggs, 1 cup vegetable oil, 1 small box of strawberry jello, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries in syrup thawed and mashed up, 1/2 cup water

Mix all of the above ingredients and pour into two 9inch round pans.  Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.

Icing: 1 box confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup of mashed strawberries, 1 stick softened butter.  
Mix well and beat until smooth.  If too thick you can add some of the juice from the strawberries.  You can garnish the cake with fresh strawberries.

I found these fun little Valentine items at Target yesterday.  


These towels are just too cute, I might have to go back and get another set.  


This little box is going to be cute to hold some extra Valentine's candy.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Comments

Popular Posts