Friday Favorites: Snow Take 2



We have had two more snow days this week.  I've added a migraine to the mix this week and boy am I glad it's Friday!  My Friday Favorites are all about snow days and dealing with migraines.  I'm also linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci.  

Favorite 1: Childhood Lunches

On Monday, some of the girls in my community group and I were talking about what we wanted for our dinner on Tuesday.  We decided on a theme of Childhood Lunches.  We were going to have PB&J, Fruit Cups, Sour Cream & Onion Chips, Tropical Punch Kool-Aid, Little Debbie Swiss Roll Cakes, Capri Suns, Hand-snacks, Nesquick, Chips Ahoy and who knows what else.  If you were recreating your childhood lunch what would be in it?  I think I might add some of these...


Favorite 2: Migraine Woes

Obviously, I am not a fan of migraines.  However, I have found a few things over the years of getting them that work.  Most of the time a shower, baked potato and sleep do the trick for me.  This one lingered off and on from Monday night until early morning on Thursday.  It was terrible.  I did a lot of sleeping and it was not helping much.  I have learned that having something cold on my head helps.  I found this at Target a while back and it works wonders.  


You can heat it and have it warm or do what I do and just leave it in the freezer so it is always cold and ready.  I have used this thing several times this week.  

Favorite 3: Baking

I am sorry, but when it snows and I know I am not going to be able to leave my house for a few days the last thing on my mind is milk and bread.  I want to have the essentials to bake.  Sugar, cocoa, chocolate chips, eagle brand, toffee bits, etc.  

I made Mix and Match Mama's Chocolate Toffee Bars.  You are welcome.  Toffee, chocolate, and eagle brand.  How can you go wrong?

I also made one of my childhood favorites.  Greg and I wanted Sausage Balls for breakfast on our snow day.  So easy.  Three ingredients...bisquick, hot sausage and shredded cheese.  We bake ours until they get super crunchy.  

Favorite 4: Snow Covered Beauty


I went for a quick walk around our street yesterday and came across this pretty barn covered in snow. I can see it from our back deck, but I wanted a picture a little closer.



Comments

Popular Posts