What Up Wednesday: August 26th


I'm linking up with Mel, Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday today!  

You can join in too!  Just answer these questions on the last Wednesday of each month.  


What We're Eating This Week...
 We are not eating at home a lot this week.  We have had a lot of places to be this week so some eating out and some eating at friends.  I'm ready to start making lots of soups and casseroles. 

What I'm Reminiscing About...
This past weekend marked 5 years since I joined my church.  I have been thinking a lot about what I have learned in those 5 years and for the friends that I have made.  Not to mention I met Greg during that time. 

What I'm Loving...
I have been keeping up with my She Reads Truth Bible in a Year plan.  I really love the structure they chose and how easy to access it has been. 

What We've Been Up To...
 Greg was gone this past weekend, so I began the process of getting our house ready for Fall!  Bring on the pumpkins and candy corn.  

What I'm Dreading...
 Tomorrow is my glucose test and seeing how this is my first one I'm not looking forward to it.  I don't think anyone looks forward to it, but I know it is a normal part of the pregnancy.  

What I'm Working On...
I've been working on making lists of things to do in the next few weeks before I hit the point in the pregnancy where I have no energy.  I'm finding ways to stock up on items that we will need so I do not have to make as many outings when Carson comes.  What are the best things I can be working on now before life changes here soon?
What I'm Excited About...
 Yes, tomorrow is our glucose test but it is also our 3D ultrasound!  We will get to see the face of our sweet little boy.  I'm hoping he does all sorts of fun things on camera.  We will see.  

What I'm Watching/Reading...
Football has started so there has been a lot of football on at our house.

I've been reading Chasing God by Angie Smith.  I really like her books. 


What I'm Listening To...
I have slowly been bringing out the Christmas music.  Not all the time, just here and there throughout my week.  I have the Sounds of Christmas station on iTunes Radio so sometimes I just switch over to it for a few minutes or so. 

What I'm Wearing...
 Maternity Jeans!  I'm loving them.  They are so comfortable.  

What I'm Doing This Weekend...
I'm going to the Grand Opening of the new Kirklands in Wake Forest.  I'm hoping to be one of the first ones in to get some free goodies!  We will see.  Other than that, not too much. 

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month...
Next month we are scheduled to take our maternity pictures.  I'm excited and have been looking on Pinterest for some fun ideas.  I'm also doing a DIY Rustic Decorative Pumpkin Stand Workshop at Home Depot.  Any way to do things that involve pumpkins is a great thing in my book.

In theory, this is what we will be creating.  We shall see.

What Else Is New...
We are trying to think of a fun little day trip or weekend trip to take before Carson arrives.  I've been researching some options.  Hopefully we can find a good time to take some time to just get away and relax before we have a newborn to take care of.

Bonus Question: What Is Your Favorite Back To School Tradition... 
My favorite tradition was always buying new school supplies.  I loved any excuse to get a new planner and new colored pens!  If only, I would have known about an Erin Condren Life Planner when I was in school.

Comments

  1. I've just become familiar with She Reads Truth and cannot wait to dive into their stuff more :) Fall maternity pics are going to be awesome!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelsey, I've really liked their stuff. They just started a He Reads Truth page for men as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts