Balance


On Monday I linked up with Erika and Shay for their Workin' It Wednesday post on work and home life balance.  I went back through and read several of the other posts and loved what I read.

There are some incredibly smart women out there and I wanted to share a few of the things that stuck out to me the most.  I hope these things encourage you as much as they have me this week.  

{ONE}
OHIO: Only handle it once
I have heard this before but I guarantee there are people who have not.  This concept could make life much easier for all of us.  When we check the mail, throw away the junk mail right then.  When we have papers to fill out for our kids from school, fill them out right then and put them back in their bag.  
When I get a note from Carson's teachers about him needing more diapers or wipes, I will grab a pack right then and there and set it by the door right away.   I know there are many other things in my day to day that would benefit from this idea.

{TWO}
Write Things Down
I'm a sucker for a good notepad so this one should be easy for me.  I try to leave a notepad on my desk, my nightstand, in the kitchen and in my car.  I often think of things and I know I will forget.  My favorite way to handle this looks like this...
Hey Siri, remind me to do _________ at ____ time.   

{THREE}
Don't Compare
Guilty!  I know we all do this.  We think that so and so is doing a better job at meal planning, so and so rocks the carpool lane, so and so looks so put together ALL THE TIME.  We need to stop that right now.  We are never going to figure out balance in our life if we compare.  We have each been given specific responsibilities and the minute we start to compare our situation to someone else, the minute we have lost.  Mom guilt is the worst and we don't have time for it in our already crazy schedules.

{FOUR}
Give yourself grace
We are going to mess up.  We are going to forget our kids lunch (our own lunch) and we are going to forget to move the laundry from the washing machine to the dryer.  Oh well, it happens.  Do not beat yourself up over it.   Give yourself grace and maybe some chocolate.  

Thank you again Erika and Shay for the original link up on Monday.  I am so thankful for this blog community.


Comments

Popular Posts