Top Three


A few weeks ago a friend of mine at work asked all of us to name our three favorite books of all time.  She told us that we could not say the Bible.  We work at a seminary and she wanted to see what books we all would say.  We could also pick a book series to count as one book if we wished.  

Today, I thought I would share my three. 

 I was introduced to this book while I was in high school.  I've read this book many times since and I can honestly say that this book has helped shape my understanding of grace in ways that no other book has.
"Costly grace is the gospel which must be sought again and again, the gift which must be asked for, the door at which a man must knock.

Such grace is costly because it calls us to follow, and it is grace because it calls us to follow Jesus Christ. It is costly because it costs a man his life, and it is grace because it gives a man the only true life. It is costly because it condemns sin, and grace because it justifies the sinner. Above all, it is costly because it cost God the life of his Son: "ye were bought at a price," and what has cost God much cannot be cheap for us. Above all, it is grace because God did not reckon his Son too dear a price to pay for our life, but delivered him up for us. Costly grace is the Incarnation of God."

 I love this series so much.  I'm already ready to start reading this to Carson.  These books are captivating as you read them.  It is so easy to place yourself in the story and in the world of Narnia.

This may seem like an odd choice but this book has been one of the most life changing books for me.  I grew up in church, went to a Christian college, and even took a few semesters in seminary.  However, this book changed how I viewed and ultimately understood Bible study.  I LOVE how Jen talks about to love God we must know God.  We can only know him by spending time with him and studying what he has said.  God has given us a mind and it is imperative that we study the Bible with our heart and with our mind.  I highly encourage everyone to read this book. 

Let me know what your top three books would be. 

Comments

Popular Posts