Show and Tell Tuesday: Best Recipe


Andrea has probably picked two of my favorite things for these last two Show and Tell Tuesday link ups.  Today is Best Recipe day.  
 Come join in on the fun and if you can't this time, then join us next time.
I have been in a fun pie mood lately.  Last week I made a Peanut Butter Pie and I am thinking I may make an Ice Cream Pie this weekend or next week.  

I couldn't find pictures of either of these, so trust me that they are so tasty!

Peanut Butter Pie
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 12 oz container of creamy peanut butter
1 8 oz container of cool whip
1 block of cream cheese
1 graham cracker or oreo pie crust
1 8 oz bag of toffee bits (optional)

Mix the first four ingredients together.  Sometimes I stir in the bag of toffee bits and sometimes I don't.  More often than not I do because toffee is one of the greatest things I can think of.  Pour the filling into your pie crust and refrigerate overnight.  I think this makes a lot of filling so I normally  pour the filling into two crusts but you could just pour it all into one and have one really thick pie.  This pie is so rich and delicious.  

Ice Cream Pie
Pie Ingredients
1 graham cracker crust
1/2 gallon ice cream, softened (I use Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla)
4 oz of toffee bits, half bag (I use the Heath Bits of Brickle bits)

Sauce Ingredients
1 1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup of butter 
1/4 cup of corn syrup
dash of salt 
remainder of the bag of toffee bits

Spoon half of ice cream in crust and sprinkle the toffee bits on it.  Top with remaining ice cream and freeze.

Combine teh sugar, milk, butter, corn syrup and salt.  Bring to a boil over low heat and boil one minute.  Remove from heat and cool slightly, add remaining toffee bits.  Cool, stirring occasionally.  Pour your sauce over each piece of pie as you serve it.  You will love the sauce.  

Disclaimer: You could just chop up a Heath bar for the Peanut Butter Pie but I would not recommend that for the Ice Cream Pie sauce.  When the chocolate hits the sauce it will try and melt which makes the sauce have a weird texture.  

Enjoy your summer pies friends. 

Comments

Popular Posts