How We Wednesday: April


We are half way there friends!  Wednesday is here.  I'm linking up with Erika and Shay today for How We Wednesday.  

Today is all about how we spring clean and organize.

I'm going to be 100% honest here.  This is not my strong area.  I always want to do better at this but I don't have it down yet.  

I feel like I clean in my sleep all the time.  However, I wake up and it's not clean.  

My favorite thing to do during spring cleaning is purge.  I go through a lot of trash bags in the spring.  I want things to be gone and to have a fresh start.  Often you will see me at Target getting some bins to reorganize things.  The intentions are always there but the execution is lacking.  

I feel like in North Carolina, spring cleaning needs to happen in early summer for me.  The yellow pollen from the pine trees is everywhere.  It creeps in your house 24/7 and there is nothing you can do about it until it is done.  I want to have the windows open when I'm spring cleaning and I can't do that here without my carpet turning yellow.

Here are the top 5 things I like to do for spring cleaning...

1. Clean out pantry.  I go through and make sure we don't have things that are expired or things that we don't use.  

2. I always clean out old t-shirts in the spring.  I also use this time to check to see if we need new socks, underwear, etc.  

3.  Get rid of old cleaning products.  If I'm going to be intentional about cleaning, I want to make sure that what I'm cleaning with is fresh and not expired too.  

4.  Clean out toys.  Carson is only two but man does he have a lot of toys.  I love to put away things that he is not using.  I promise he won't miss them.  

5.  Clean out makeup products.  There is nothing worse than opening the tube of mascara and it being hard as a rock.  Goodbye makeup that is old and not used.


Told ya.  Most of my spring cleaning is about purging.  I can't fully spring clean my house when there is clutter everywhere.  Be gone clutter.  






Comments

Popular Posts