Turtle Brownies


Confession time, I love brownies.  I also am a huge fan of brownie batter.  Licking the bowl is probably the best part of the brownie process.  

The other day I was in the mood for some warm gooey turtle brownies.  

My favorite brownie recipe comes from those lovely people at Hershey's.  

Here goes...
Stir together 2 sticks of melted butter or margarine (don't waste your time with margarine, just go for the butter and thank me later), 2 cups of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla.  Add 4 eggs (one at a time) and beat well with spoon after each egg.  Add 3/4 Hershey's cocoa and beat until well blended.  Add 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.  You can use self rising flour too.  If you do that than leave out the baking powder and salt.  

At this point I tossed in a cup or so of my Kraft Caramel Bits and about a cup of chopped pecans.  Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 9x13 pan at 350 degrees.  I like to put these in my Pampered Chef Brownie Pan too sometimes.  That way I get perfect little brownies that are already a serving size and they are the perfect brownie.  Crunchy edges and gooey middle.  All the brownie lovers said amen.

If you want to go crazy add a little ice cream on top and a drizzle of caramel sauce.  You will thank me later.  We used our Mayfield Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream on ours.  Blue Bell won't be making it back to NC anytime soon so Mayfield is the next best option for us. 

Comments

Popular Posts