What's Up Wednesday: July

It's the last Wednesday of the month so it is time for What's Up Wednesday with Mel, Shay, and Sheaffer.  How is today the last Wednesday of July.  It is almost August.  That means I have just a little over a month before the fall decorations come out!  
Each month we answer these questions.  Come join in on the fun.
 What We're Eating This Week... 
We have tried to limit our oven use this week.
This week is going to be Sesame Chicken with Rice, Grilled BBQ Chicken on our Grill Pan inside, Spaghetti, and Baseball Cuisine of Hotdogs and Peanuts. 

What I'm Reminiscing About...
My Timehop this past week has been all about my trip to Cape Town back in 2011.  This is hands down the best mission trip I've been on.




What I'm Loving...
 We love this stage with Carson.  His personality is growing every day and he is becoming more and more mobile.

What We've Been Up To...
Last week was Live Love Serve at our church.  It is a week long mission trip to our community.  We had a food drive, a Free Pizza night, and a Food & Clothing Giveaway.  My friend Gia of Lister Photography made this great video of the week.  We love our church.

What I'm Dreading...
We are still in the middle of this heat wave.  This is the worst part of summer.  I'm over it.  By 6:30 I am exhausted and just want to lay on my bed with 5 fans going.

What I'm Working On...
Carson's 1st Birthday is in just a few months.  I have been thinking of what we want to do for his first party.  If you have any great boy 1st birthday party themes for Thanksgiving Week let me know.

What I'm Excited About...
 I'm excited thinking about fall.  Pumpkin, cooler temps, football, pumpkin, candy corn, soups, and more pumpkin.  

What I'm Watching/Reading...
We haven't been watching much lately.  We are ready for the Olympics and football to be back on TV.

I've been reading Chasing God by Angie Smith and None Like Him by Jen Wilkin.

What I'm Listening To...
 I have been listening to a few songs on repeat.  
Holy Spirit both the Francesca Battistelli version and the Elevation Church version
I also keep singing O Praise the Name by Hillsong Worship

If I'm being honest, I've also been celebrating Christmas in July with some Bing Crosby and Nat King Cole.  Maybe a little Carpenters thrown in too. 

What I'm Wearing...
Shorts, shorts and more shorts.  It is so hot outside.  I bought several pairs at Target earlier this summer.  I'm loving the new summer cut too because my hair feels so much lighter.  
  
What I'm Doing This Weekend...
Greg and I are going to a Durham Bulls baseball game with our small group.  It's going to be hot, but we will have a lot of fun.  Here we are last summer at a Bulls game.
 
What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month...
What Else Is New...
 Not much.  We are trying to survive summer. 

Bonus Question: What Was Your Favorite Part of Summer...
I love the slow pace of summer.  Once August hits my schedule seems to get a lot more hectic. 

Comments

Popular Posts