Weekend Recap: Stay Inside Edition


In case you are not aware, it is hot outside.  I have two very dark boys in my house, but this pale skinned Momma does not like to be in the sun too much.  I am liking my new Rodan and Fields sunscreen for when I do decide to go outside.  My friend Jaime can help you out if you have any R&F needs.  We spent the majority of our weekend inside.  We ventured out for church on Saturday and Sunday and that was about it.  

Friday night was a  favorite in our house.  We made our favorite pork dumplings with teriyaki dipping sauce.  Our recipe makes 48 dumplings using the won ton wrappers we get.  We made some steamed rice with them on Friday.  We had some extra rice and filling on Friday so Saturday night we browned the rest of the pork filling and made pork fried rice.  We finished up the dumplings on Sunday for lunch.  Three meals out of one is a win in my book.  I'm sure we could stretch the dumplings out a little bit more but sometimes you just want to eat 12 at a time.  I try to be honest.  

Saturday morning had Carson and I out the door early.  I was getting my haircut at 8 am and Carson was going to play with the son of my hairstylist.  Aren't they cute?  They are 11 days apart.  They talked to each other the whole time.


When we got home, Greg was mowing.  Carson and I decided to tackle some cleaning and laundry.  He also was pretty happy about his mail. We signed Carson up for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library.  We love when we get books in the mail. 

After church on Sunday, someone was wanting to practice his pulling up skills.  He is growing up so fast.  

We spent the evening hanging out and doing some WiiFit.  I'm determined to stay in shape when it feels like 108 outside.   
See you tomorrow for What's Up Wednesday!

Comments

Popular Posts