Weekend Recap

I lost track of how many times I hit the snooze button this morning.  I was so tired and the fact that it is Monday morning did not help matters.

We had so much fun this weekend but I think I wore myself out.  

Saturday was baby registry day.  We were in Babies R Us for 2 1/2 hours.  I was exhausted when we left and all I wanted to do was get lunch and sit down.  We did have a good time though.  We brought Greg's Mom and Grandma with us and began the process of trying to figure out what the heck we will do with all of this baby stuff in the upcoming months.  

We started with the crib and bedding.  We both thought we would want a gender specific bedding.  We are not sure yet what Baby Harrison is but our plan was to pick out a girl option and a boy option and then just remove the wrong one when we find out.  Little did we know that we would like the gender neutral bedding the best.  

I mean who doesn't love all of the cute little animals.  There was a plush fox and owl too.  The owl is named Winky.  So sweet.

We ended up creating a registry online at Target as well.  Greg thought it was appropriate that we add this as well.  

Maybe Baby Harrison will experience a winning New York Jets team.  Who knows.

Sunday we had lunch with our friend Isaac.  Isaac has helped us teach our Middle School class this last year and our students miss him already.  He has  moved to another class and just graduated high school.  It was a lot of fun.  

Sunday afternoon, Greg went with me to Target to get a few maternity shirts.  I found a couple and apparently I like things that have lots of blues, especially navy.



We also bought two boxes of diapers.  We figured we might as well start a collection now.  

I think they both will be great for this summer heat.  Greg and I both said a few times that it is just mid-June and we are already over the heat.  We have a long way to go.


Isn't this lovely?  Nope, didn't think so. 

Here is something that I have every intention of trying soon.  My Mom and Mema always made Mississippi Mud Cake growing up and it is so tasty.  I saw this quick version of one on Instagram yesterday.

Enjoy!

Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts