Weekend Recap: Mother's Day Style


I am exhausted.  These last few days have been full and I am very much looking forward to getting back in my routine.  We had an extended weekend and it was wonderful.

My parents came to visit and pulled in last Thursday night about the time that Greg and I got home from our Middle School Leader Dinner at church.  We let Carson get in a few snuggles and then it was off to bed for him.  

Friday we all relaxed at the house.  Carson also worked on his chocolate chip cookie recipe.  He said the trick is to use more brown sugar than what the recipe calls for.  






That night we all had dinner out with my Dads cousin Bill at Carolina Ale House.  Someone enjoyed trying to sit in a high chair.  We had to add some extra blankets to it so he could be tall enough in it.  He was so alert and wanted to watch everything and everyone.  



Saturday was more relaxing and a quick trip to Target where Carson convinced the grandparents he needed a new toy.  That night was his baby dedication at church.  I loved that both of our parents were able to be there.   After we had a yummy family dinner at Shuckers.  FYI, you can never go wrong with hushpuppies and a brownie that has a warm cinnamon sauce with candied pecans on top.  



Sunday was a laid back my Mother's Day and it was perfect.  Greg and my Dad grilled and everything was delicious.  That night my Dad watched Carson while Greg and I treated my Mom to her Mother's Day present...Captain America.  All three of us loved it but getting home at 11:30 was a bit much for this girl.  




Carson enjoyed his time with Mimi and Grandpa on Monday while Dad went back to work and Mom took a half day.  



Back to normal today after a great first Mother's Day with my two favorite boys. 

Comments

Popular Posts