What's Up Wednesday: May


Happy Wednesday Friends!  Today I'm linking up with Mel, Shay and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday.  

What We're Eating This Week...
We are grilling this week!  We have had constant rain for I don't know how long so we are enjoying the sun and firing up the charcoal.  Monday night we grilled chicken and corn on the cob.  Tuesday we grilled chicken again and a basket full of squash, zucchini, peppers, onion and tomatoes.  Yummy.  

What I'm Reminiscing About...
We take the month pictures each month to see how much Carson changes.  I can't believe that Carson used to look so small.  How has it been half a year already?


What I'm Loving...
Carson just hit 6 months this past Sunday.  His personality is blossoming like crazy.  He is such a ham and he knows it.  He is the life of the party at our house and I LOVE it. 


What We've Been Up To...
We have tried our first attempt at growing some things.  I am not a green thumb, I most definitely have a black thumb.  Everything I plant dies and it dies quickly.  We have started small.  We planted two little plants.  One that has garlic and one that has basil.  We will see how they go.  I'm excited to see what we get.  Come on green thumb. 

What I'm Dreading...
We have been trying to stain our deck for what seems like an eternity.  We have had so much rain that we hope to do it soon.  I know our weather is about to be cooperative and I'm not really excited about the process of power washing the deck and then staining it.  It needs to be done though. 

What I'm Working On...
Carson just hit the 6 month mark.  I've been working on getting all of his old clothes put away and his new clothes washed and put in his dresser.  This boy is growing like crazy.

What I'm Excited About...
I'm actually excited for summer.  I'm not a fan of the heat but we have some fun little plans for the little guy and his first summer.  I see lots of smiles and laughing in my future. 

What I'm Watching/Reading...
I have been watching the Western Conference Playoffs.  Come on Thunder!


I recently finished The Nesting Place.  If you have not read it, I highly recommend it.  It is easily the best book I have read in a long time.  

I have started reading the new book by Annie Downs called Looking for Lovely

What I'm Listening To...
I have had this song on repeat a lot lately.  We sang it at church a few weeks ago and I can't get it out of my head.

What I'm Wearing...
This is the hardest time of year in the world for me clothes wise.  It is getting warm outside but I freeze inside at work.  Lots of jeans lately with layers on top.  Lots and lots of sandals though. 

What I'm Doing This Weekend...
This weekend is all about the Memorial Day Cookouts!  We have two this weekend.  Summer is just around the corner.

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month...
 I am looking forward to the debut of the new Erin Condren Life Planners for 2016-2017.  So many options and I know I will be ordering one soon!  

What Else Is New...
Not a single thing.  We have been business as usual around our house.  Work, daycare, hanging out, and church.  We love our quiet little life.

Bonus:  What I'm Looking Forward To This Summer 
I am looking forward to some special time with my family this summer.  Lots of playing outside, maybe a beach trip or two, and finding plenty of excuses to make our fruit pizza.  

Comments

Popular Posts