Sun Drop Cake


Happy Wednesday friends!  Today, I'm sharing a recipe that I have been eating since I was a little girl.  My Mema made this often and my Mom did as well.  It is a Sun Drop Cake.


It is a Lemon Cake that uses Sun Drop in the cake mixture.  

Here is what you will need...
1 box of lemon cake mix
1 small box of instant lemon pudding
3 eggs
12 oz Sun Drop (I've used Sprite and Mtn Dew as well)
3/4 cup oil

Mix your dry ingredients and then mix in your wet ingredients until it is well mixed.  Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan.  My Mom bakes hers at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.  My oven takes about 35 minutes on mine.  I would check at 30 and add a few more minutes if needed.  

Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before flipping it onto cake dish.  I glazed mine the next morning with 1 cup of confectioners sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of water.  

I had my cake covered all night so that it was still very moist the next day when I went to glaze it.  

Enjoy.  This is such a great summer cake. 

I'm linking up with Lindsay for Welcome Wednesday.  

Comments

Popular Posts