Here Comes Thirty


Hey friends, I hope you are well today.  We finally are having temperatures that are above freezing.  Oh happy day. 

In just a few short weeks I turn 30.  I'm actually excited.  I'm ready to start a new chapter and see what a new decade means.  I decided to think about what all happened in my 20s.  I would have laughed at you if you would have told my 19 year old self what all my 20s would look like for me. 

The beginning of my 20s was finishing up the 2nd half of my time at OBU.  I loved my years at OBU.  At times they seem like just yesterday and other times they seem like forever ago.  This rang so true these past few weeks as I learned that a friend of mine from OBU passed away and days later her newborn would pass away too. 

I would have internships at the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma, Prestonwood Baptist Church and Henderson Hills Baptist Church. 

I would graduate from OBU and move to North Carolina.

I would break my knee on my second full day of living in North Carolina and have to have surgery. 

I would find a church home that would shape me in ways I never knew because community with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ was real and necessary.

I would join a small group that would change the trajectory of my life.  I say that in all seriousness.  This small group would define community for me, it would bring about lasting friendships, teach me the importance of self-care, finances, and ultimately walk me through the early years of dating and marriage.

I would meet Greg.

I would marry Greg.

I would buy my first house.

I would change jobs.

I would become a Mom. 

I would say goodbye to my Grandma.

There is so much that I left out but I am so thankful for my 20s and here comes thirty.  

Comments

Popular Posts