How We... Wednesdays: January


Happy Wednesday friends.  I'm excited to join Erika and Shay for their new link up in 2018.  It is How We...Wednesdays.  


This month is all about how we do goals/resolutions/etc.

I have always been someone who set goals each year but not always resolutions.  Some years I do great with them and some years not so much.  I LOVED Andrea's post on Monday about doing 8 in 18 and having daily things to implement that become habits for the year.  Her 8 things were fantastic and incredibly realistic.  I found myself saying yes over and over as I read her post.

My biggest piece of advice is to set goals or resolutions that are realistic and something that you actually want to do.  I'm pretty sure we have all said I want to be thinner this year but most of the time that goal doesn't happen because we put too much pressure on ourselves or set unrealistic expectations on ourselves and then get discouraged.

I've decided that this year is going to be about self-care for myself.  I would love to lose some weight but I don't want to do for the purpose of a number on a scale, but because I want to have better energy levels.  I want to put my phone away more at night so I can focus intentionally on time with my boys.   I don't want to be looking at social media or other things that get in the way of the joy that is my family.

I also think that for me self-care is going to look like saying no more.  That is going to be so difficult for me.  I don't say no well.  Greg and I have been talking about this a lot lately.  There are things that we both know we need to do this year to better take care of ourselves and our family.

Here is to a great 2018!

Comments

Popular Posts