Show and Tell Tuesday: Steal vs. Splurge


I'm excited about the first Show and Tell Tuesday of 2017 with Andrea.  The topics for this year are going to be great.  

Here goes.

So, there are some things that we splurge on and there are plenty of things that we save on.

Splurges
I'm sorry but Tide Detergent is a big one for me.  I have tried other detergents but I come back to Tide every single time.  Props to you all who make your own detergent but Tide is my favorite and I will pay for it.  However, I do like when I get a good deal on it.  I also will only use Dawn on my dishes.  The other dish soaps do not cut the grease the same. 

Jif Peanut Butter is all I buy.  I don't like the other kinds and that is just the way it is.

Store brand cereal is gross.  Give me the real Honey Nut Cheerios and Peanut Butter Crunch.

Steals
99% of canned goods are just fine if you buy the store brand.  I have yet to meet a canned tomato that tasted different.

When we were buying formula we used the Up & Up Brand (Target) and it was always half the price of Enfamil.  Our pediatrician said it was her favorite.  Hello steal, especially when you see how much of it you have to use.

Meal planning has been a huge steal for us.  The weeks that I meal plan well tend to be weeks that our grocery bill is smaller and we eat out less.  It pays to plan ahead.

Thanks for the linkup Andrea!




Comments

Popular Posts