Workin' It Wednesdays: January


Hey everyone!  I hope your hump day is off to a great start.  I'm excited to jump in another monthly link up with Erika and Shay.  Today is Workin' It Wednesday.  It is going to be the second Wednesday of each month.  I enjoyed doing the Stranded With linkup with them last year and I think this one is going to be even better.  


Here are our monthly topics...




I am terrible at New Year's Resolutions.  I love calling them New Year's goals.  

For me the biggest thing to keeping New Year's Goals is to keep them realistic.  There is nothing worse than setting goals that are not realistic and attainable.  

One of our goals this year is to eat healthy.  We talked about doing the Whole 30 but we know at this stage that is not the best option for us.  We set clear goals of a few things we have wanted to do.  Our biggest two changes were to eat fish at least two times a week and to stop with one serving.  So far, so good.

I have talked probably way too much about my Erin Condren Life Planner but I'm not that sorry.  I love it and for me it helps me.  I write everything in it.  I wrote out some goals and I wrote them all throughout my planner each month to help remind me of those goals.  I'm forgetful, I'm chasing around a 13 month old.  I need to constantly repeat things to myself.  

We have also decided to set the goal to pay off more debt this year.  We know what extra income we have coming in this year and there are a couple of things we would like to finish paying off this year.  Hooray for budgets and living within those budgets.  

I also like to communicate my goals to Greg often.  If I say them out loud enough he will know that I'm serious about them and he will help hold me accountable to them and help me think through ways to make those goals a reality.  

I'm excited to read some other posts from people that probably have much better advice than I do.  Thanks for the linkup Erika and Shay! 

Comments

Popular Posts