Show and Tell Tuesday: The Struggle is Real


Hello friends.  I hope your Tuesday is off to a great start.  I'm linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday.
Today is all about our struggles.  I was nervous about this post but I think it is so timely.  

I looked at the theme and saw the title of "The Struggle is Real" and thought this may be a good one to skip.  I'm glad I didn't though.  I know there are daily struggles in my life that I'm sure many of you have too.

Here goes...

I am finishing up my last year in my 20s and I think that I am just now starting to FINALLY realize that I can't do it all.  You think you know it all when you are 18, but that is the biggest lie on the planet.  In fact, the older you get the more you realize how little you actually know.  

This is what introduced me to my realizations of my constant struggles.
I love this buddy something fierce.  He is my favorite tiny human.  However, he brought a level of crazy to my life that I could not have understood without him.  

I love being his Mom but he constantly challenges me to do things differently.  My daily schedule looks different because of him and the way I think and prioritize things looks different because of him. 

The biggest struggle has been trying to figure out what is priority for me.  Greg and I have to say no to things now because it is not the best thing for our family.  We try our best to limit our weekend commitments because we want that to be time just the three of us.  We want Carson to know that he is worth it to us.  We want him to feel loved, cherished and cared for.  

Because Greg and I both work outside of the home, my other big struggle is keeping our home clean, picked up and happy.  I promise you that in this stage our house is not spotless 24/7 and it is definitely not dusted as often as it should be but for now that is okay.  We try to not do any major cleaning or work around the house until the buddy is down for the night so we can enjoy our family time in the evenings.  

I can't wait to read some of the other posts this week. 

Comments

Popular Posts