Weekend Recap: Father's Day Style


I hope you had a great weekend.  We did, which is why all of us wanted to hit snooze this morning.  Check out our weekend fun.

Friday night we decided to recreate one of our favorite meals at home.  We love going to Kanki.  I grew up going to Shogun or Benihana, but they are all really similar.  We, read I, forgot to get a zucchini so we didn't have the hibachi vegetables.  We had hibachi steak and fried rice.  I was really missing the soup but it was pretty tasty.  
Greg and I planned to watch Jason Bourne once the buddy went to sleep, but then this happened.
It was so windy and so many people in our area kept saying their power was flickering that we decided to postpone our  movie and watch the storm. 
 My flowers looked pitiful after the storm passed.  We also decided we wanted to go to sleep and listen to the storm so early bedtime for all of us.

Saturday mornings are my time to get stuff done before the boys wake up.  I was up at 5am and had done two loads of laundry and left to grocery shop before the boys were even up.  I love it.  

We continued to pick up a little bit and Carson was calling everyone we know.
We had decided earlier in the week to celebrate Greg on Saturday just the three of us.  We loaded up and headed to Cary.  We were going to have lunch at BurgerFi and go to Bass Pro Shop.  Greg was excited.  He also wanted to wear his new shirt that Carson and I got him.  



I had a single cheeseburger with onion rings, Carson had a hot dog and fries and Greg had their CEO burger.  We also enjoyed our custard samples they brought out.
We came back home and baked cookies for our Middle School students before going to church on Saturday Night and our usual Taco Bell dinner.  
Someone is a fan of their Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes. 
He also wanted to play some in his new Paw Patrol pajamas before bed.  We love this kid and wanted to play too.

Sunday morning we slept in a little later than normal and then headed to church.  I love spending time at church with my boys.  I pray Carson always loves to be at church.
Aren't they cute?  
A lot can change in a year.  This was them on Father's Day last year.

After church we headed over to Greg's parents for lunch.
These boys had so much fun.  Greg's Mom had picked up Wing Stop for lunch.  We all enjoyed our wings.  My favorite were the Garlic Parmesan ones.

What a great weekend to celebrate our Dads.  We are thankful for FaceTime so we could call my Dad too.  

I hope you all had a great weekend!










Comments

Popular Posts