3 Years and 3 Lessons

Three years ago, I walked down an aisle in a white dress and said vows to my husband.  I entered into a covenant.  I do not take that lightly.  I know that I'm blessed to be able be a wife and to be a partner with Greg.  There are days that are harder than others, but we made a commitment and we plan to honor the Lord by remaining faithful to that commitment and to that covenant. 

Marriage has taught both of us a lot and I know that there are many more things that we will learn in the coming years.  Here are three things that I have learned so far.
 
One: I'm Selfish
Marriage brings out a lot about yourself.  I quickly learned that my decisions impact someone else and what I want may not be the best for our family.  Even today, I have to stop sometimes and tell myself that it is not about me.  I know this is a work in progress, but I pray that with each year this gets a little easier.  
 
Two: I'm Impatient
Greg is so patient.  It drives me crazy sometimes.  He is so calm and relaxed.  I wish I was like that.  He thinks so long about things and really wants to make sure we are making the right decision.  I'm thankful for the fact that he is patient when I am not. 
 
Three: I Married Up
I joked one time and said I wish I was more like Greg.  It's true though.  The way his brain works and how he processes things fascinates me.  He leads well and he loves well.  I could not imagine doing life with anyone else.  
 
Happy Anniversary Greg!  I am so excited to see what the future holds. 
 




 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts