Charleston Cheese Dip

For our Fuller House watch party the other night I made Charleston Cheese Dip.  I tend to try things that I've never made before when people come over.  Sometimes it works and many times it does not.  Lucky for me this time was a success.  

I thought I would share the recipe with all of you.

Ingredients
1/2 cup mayo
8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese*
 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese*
 2 green onions, finely chopped
 1 dash of cayenne pepper
 8 butter crackers crushed (I used Town House, Ritz works too)
8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (If you count out 8 slices, we may not be friends)
Crackers or bagel chips for serving

Instructions
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine mayo, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, green onions and cayenne pepper in small bowl.  
3. Transfer mixture to a shallow baking dish.  I used the Pampered Chef Mini Baker.  A good 8 or 9 inch round dish or pie plate will work.   
4. Top the mixture with the crushed cracker crumbs and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and top with the crumbled bacon.  
6. Serve immediately with crackers or bagel chips.  

*I decided to buy the bag of Cheddar Jack cheese and just used 1 1/2 cups of it instead of buying two different kinds of cheese.  
**I used Town House Flatbread crackers for my dipping crackers.  It added some fun flavor.  

Enjoy!

 

Comments

Popular Posts