Long Days, Short Years

The days are long but the years are short.  

I heard this phrase a lot while I was pregnant.  It confused me to no end but I am beginning to see what everyone meant.  These last three and a half months have been some of the most challenging months of my life.  I have never been so happy to see 9:00 in the evening and I have also never realized how quickly time goes.  I know I’m going to blink and I you won’t be a baby anymore.  

I love my two guys so much and I am beyond thankful for them both.  They both challenge me each and every day and in very different ways.  Each day with Greg is about learning what it means to be the wife I need to be and each day with Carson is about learning to be the mother I need to be.  Thankfully the Lord has given me all of the tools I need to do both of those things.  The importance of being in the Word each day has become more and more evident to me over these last few months.  I am very aware on the days that I don’t spend time with the Lord.  My attitude is different, my energy is different and my day functions different.  I need that time.  

Community has become even more important to me.  I know this sounds cliché but being able to talk through day to day struggles and questions with someone who cares and understands is so important.  My friend Jennifer has been so helpful to me.  I can’t begin to express how thankful I am for her.  She is a great source of encouragement and advice and luckily I see her every day at work.  I had no idea I needed someone like her at work but I’m so glad she came when she did.  It made for a nice third trimester in pregnancy.  She answered a lot of questions for me.  

Our church family has been incredible these past few months.  I know that there are people who pray for all three of us daily.  I know there are people who love Carson about as much as we do and would do anything to help us.  I also know that we have a line all the way to California of people who have volunteered to babysit Carson.  What a blessing.

Carson, you are the biggest challenge I have ever experienced.  You challenge me each day.  You make me wonder if I have any patience left, you make sure that my hearing is still working and you continue to keep me on my toes.  I know that being your Mom is never going to be an easy job but it is going to be the best job.  Thank you for allowing me to enter a season in my life where every day is different and where every day forces me to draw closer to the Lord. 

Comments

Popular Posts