I'd Like to Thank...

I'd like to thank the academy, I mean I would like to thank my fellow bloggers.  I've been nominated for the Liebster Award.  




I was actually nominated by two different people.  Thank you Sara and thank you Rachel from Coffee Stains & Growing Pains Blog.  

The Liebster Award is an award from bloggers to other bloggers.  It is a great way to connect with the blogging community.  I have loved being a part of the blogging community.  Here are the rules for the Liebster Award.  

  1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you with a thank you & a link to their blog.
  2. Display The Liebster Award badge on your blog.
  3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided by the person who nominated you.
  4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
  5. Nominate 5+bloggers (with fewer than 1,000 followers) who you feel deserve the award.
  6. Create a new list of 11 questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
  7. Make sure you notify your nominees!
 I'm going to answer my questions from Sara and Rachel today and then I will nominate my new bloggers early next week.   

Sara's Questions for Me

Why did you start blogging?   (Rachel asked this too)
I started blogging because I had no desire to scrapbook and journaling never worked for me.  Blogging was my way to keep track of things in my life for myself.  

Describe yourself in 3 words.
Detailed.  Punctual.  Compassionate.

What is your favorite song right now?
I have been listening to Remember off of the new Passion album a lot lately.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I would love to have another little munchkin to chase around.  

Who is your biggest blog inspiration?
I have probably followed Kelly's Korner Blog the longest but I love the Mix and Match Mama.  I look forward to both of her blogs each day.  

Have you ever traveled, if so where?
I have been to a small village in Nicaragua and Cape Town, South Africa.  They were both mission trips.

Would you encourage your friends to start a blog and why/why not?
Yes!  I love blogging and for me it has been wonderful.  It has allowed me to share my life with friends and family who I do not get to talk to often.  It allows them to see what is new in my life.

What social media platforms to you use to promote your blog content?
I have a Facebook page for my blog and I use Twitter.

What is your favorite movie of all time? (Rachel asked this too)
I would have to say Forrest Gump.  I can watch it over and over.  

How long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging in 2010.

What do you do in your spare time, besides blogging? (Rachel asked this too)
I hang out with my husband Greg and my little munchkin Carson.  
 
 
Rachel's Questions for Me 
(3 of her 11 questions are answered above)
 
What is your favorite TV show?
I feel like everyone knows this answer for me

If I were to send you on all expenses paid vacation for you and your family for two weeks, where would you go?
I would love to explore Western Europe.
 
What song would be the theme song for the soundtrack of your life?
This one made me think.  I shared this song on my Show and Tell Tuesday post the other day but I might have to say Can't Go Back Now by The Weepies.   

What's your favorite beauty product?
The Mary Kay Satin Hands set is wonderful.  I love the peach scent.   

If you could only read one book for the rest of your life {excluding the Bible}, which book would you choose?
 This one.  It changed how I do Bible Study. 
What is your favorite time of the year?  Why?
I love Christmas.  It really is the most wonderful time of the year.  I love the meaning of Christmas and I love to see the wonder that Christmas brings to so many.
 
What scripture is your life verse?
I repeat to myself often Psalm 46:10.  I stay so busy that I often need to tell myself to simply Be Still and know that he is God.
 
Who has had the biggest influence on your life?
My Mom.  She challenges me, laughs with or at me (who knows) and just is there for me.  

Here are my 11 random facts about myself...
  1. I write things on my to do list to just cross them off, only sometimes.
  2. I only like pink Starbursts.  Don't waste my time with the others.
  3. I check my bank account every day.  
  4. I want to meet Kate Middleton and maybe arrange a playdate with Prince George, Princess Charlotte and little Carson.
  5. I only used colored pens in my Erin Condren planner.  It keeps life bright and fun.
  6. I used to think I would become an Olympic Figure Skater, however I can't ice skate.  
  7. I try and figure out how to put cheese in 90% of my recipes.
  8. Sometimes I find excuses to eat chocolate chip cookies for breakfast.  My Mom taught me that.
  9. I could eat chips and salsa everyday.
  10. Baked potatoes are my comfort food.  If in doubt, get me a baked potato with butter, sour cream, cheese, salt and lots of black pepper.
  11. My name is Emily and I might be a Pinterest addict.

Wow that was long but I'll see you early next week for Part 2 where I nominate some new bloggers. 

Comments

Popular Posts